Ready2Work – what do we do?
Our Ready 2 Work team is here to support residents of Sherwood Close by providing you with advice, support and services that will enable you to access training and employment opportunities.
“Work to improve the social and economic well being of our residents by delivering a consistent and excellent employment service.”
Objectives – our offer and how we intend to deliver
- To offer all residents access to vocational training
- To offer a first class employer engagement service which is responsive to the needs of residents & employers
- To offer a telephone based advice, information and guidance service supported by face to face service
- To develop small enterprise opportunities through bespoke support and small business grants programme.
- To work closely with internal & external partners to develop our core offer for residents
- To develop training and employment opportunities that target unemployed young people (18-25)
We help you prepare for the right job or training course
- 1:1 Information, Advice and Guidance to support you to meet your goals
- Literacy and Numeracy courses
- Employability support
- Workshops and Work Clubs
- Confidence building workshops
- Online e-learning courses
- Vocational training for work
- Grants to support you into training and employment
Routeways to Work
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme with Local & National employers
- Employer led training courses that lead to guaranteed interviews
- Apprenticeship Programme opportunities for placements with Affinity Sutton and other employers
- Master interview techniques through our Interview MOT
- Intensive In-Work support up to 26 week to help you sustain your employment and progress your career
Ready 2 Work – Resident Grants
Aims to help residents to access training that will enhance their career or help move them closer to employment
Grants of up to £250 (special consideration up to £1000 for level 3 courses or above)
Aims to help remove barriers and support residents to access opportunities that have been secured for either work placements or paid employment.
Grants of up to £150
Business start-up support courses to develop business ideas 1:1 support to develop a business plan Opportunity to apply for up to £1000 for a new business idea
Our Ready2Work team supports residents into work and training.
Last year the team:
- supported a record 585 unemployed people into work, including no fewer than 77 apprenticeships
- delivered 3,082 training outcomes
- developed new partnerships with 25 local and national employers to place our residents directly into their job vacancies
- successfully delivered the government’s Work Programme in Bromley helping 214 long term unemployed people into work (and as a result are finalists in the Employment Industry awards on May 13).
How to get in touch
Our telephone-based Information advice and guidance service and main entry point into Ready 2 Work and Money Matters and Get Connected
Tel 0300 100 0303 and ask for Guideline
Text us: 61211
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
You can find out more by downloading the PDFs below: