19 Sep 2017
Thank you to everyone that attended our Sherwood Close Consultation Event on 18 September 2017.
For those of you that couldn’t make it, below are links to the materials we used to explain the changes to block C4.
If you have any questions about these changes please give Natalie Down a call on 0300 100 0303.
15 Jun 2017
What is Love London Working?
Love London Working is an ESF funded programme that supports unemployed London residents into work.
We offer support to customers in many ways:
- Employability support – Each person registered with Love London Working is allocated an Employment Support Officer who is there to provide advice and guidance to help people into work.
We run sessions and workshops that help with CVs, application forms, selling yourself effectively and interview skills.
We also have facilities for supported job search sessions.
- Computer skills and on-line learning – Those registered to Love London Working will have access to our full range of e-learning courses which include; computer basics, health and safety in the work place, manual handling, employability on-line, ECDL and a whole lot more.
- Direct Access to job vacancies – We work directly with employers from a variety of industries including Security, Construction, Care, Retail, Administration, Warehousing and Catering to gain direct access to their current and up-coming vacancies.
We will provide support with applications, access to relevant vocational training and interview practice before the real thing.
Some of the employers we have recently worked with include Lidl, Virgin Trains, and Metro Bank.
Who can take part in Love London Working?
The project can work with anyone who meets the following eligibility:
- Aged 16 +
- Not currently in any paid work
- Lives in a London borough
- Has the right to work in the UK
- Not currently on the DWP Work Programme
How do you get involved?
Contact me by phone or email to enquire about our information sessions every Thursday from July in the Lido Centre at 1.30pm.
To book or for further information please contact Jude Buttle on 07715 051668 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
10 Aug 2016
At the meet the contractor event we were asked for details of the planning application.
The application and all submitted documents are available on Ealing Council’s website – please click on the link below to access the page.
10 Aug 2016
If you want to find out what is happening with the building work on the estate, keep an eye on the boards around the estate as Lovell will keep them regularly updated.
The notice boards will be located at the front of the crossover and next to the pedestrian gate which is on the footpath to Crossbow house.
10 Aug 2016
We have decided to close the surgery due to lack of attendance.
If you’d like to know more about the redevelopment plans please contact Natalie Down on 0300 100 0303
If you are an estate resident and have any questions about moving to the new homes or off the estate please call Desrine Vickers on 0208 825 6141.
If you have any questions about the work currently taking place on site please contact Ricky McGuirk on 07966491502
03 Jun 2016
Our contractor, Lovell Partnerships Ltd, will have a presence on site from Monday 23rd May. Over the next week you will see limited activity, mainly measures to secure the site and possibly some hoarding starting to be erected.
Over the forthcoming weeks the number of operatives will gradually increase and the following activities will be undertaken :-
• Setting up the site (offices, welfare, etc.)
• Setting up hoarding and securing the site
• Skips arriving for waste removal
• Commencement of initial demolition activities, e.g. internal strip out
Work will take place from 08:00-18:00 Monday to Friday and 08:00-13:00 Saturdays only. No working on Sundays or Bank Holidays. Lovell will try to keep noise and disruption to a minimum, but as this is a major redevelopment you may experience some disturbance while the building work is taking place. Lovell will ensure the site is secured safely each night.
Should you have any concerns during the works, please contact the project manager Mr Ricky McGuirk on t: 07966 491502 e: email@example.com.
I also need to make you aware that from Monday the following areas will be closed off:
• The car park by Archer House
• The play area. Residents can use the play equipment at Dean Gardens until the new play facilities are completed on the new estate.
• Temporary access from Northfields Road will be available for construction traffic only and will be closed at night behind locked gates.
The two car parking areas next to Bowmans Close will remain open for the time being, we will update again in the next few weeks to advise when they will be closed. The use of these car parks will be monitored before a decision is made on whether it will be necessary to provide any temporary spaces.
The footpath at the rear of 22/23 Sherwood is staying and will be lit at night for security
When the main works commence, construction traffic will enter and leave the site via a temporary access from Northfield Avenue. This access will be gated, in operation only during site working hours and monitored by a gateman. The gates will be locked at all other times.
Lovell will be holding ‘a meet the contractor event’ in the near future, details will follow shortly. This will give you the opportunity to meet the team who will be carrying out the works; you’ll also be able to ask any questions to might have about the building work.
We will be providing regular updates but if you have any questions about the redevelopment please contact me on 0300 100 0303. If you have any questions about moving please contact Desrine Vickers on 020 8825 6141.